Dec 6, 2009

"Turn It Up" by Pixie Lott



When I first heard Pixie Lott's debut single, "Mama Do (Uh Oh, Uh Oh)", I thought it was infectious pop at its best, but didn't think anything of it. I thought she'd have a few hits, and would fade in the pop world. But I was wrong. I decided to give her a shot, and picked up her debut album, "Turn It Up" and was pleasantly surprised.



Pixie Lott is not only talented, but she is extremely versatile and sassy. She is also very young, born in 1991! She wrote/co-wrote many of the tracks on the album, which range from Soul/RnB, to Pop/Dance Anthems. She has also written for other artists including Alexandra Burke and Girls Can't Catch.



The album "Turn It Up" was released in the UK in September and debuted at #6 on the album charts. Her first two singles reached the top spot on the charts, "Mama Do (Uh Oh, Uh Oh)", and "Boys and Girls". Both songs are super catchy and fun. Her third and current single is "Cry Me Out" and is a fantastic soulful slow jam. Other standout tracks on the album include "Turn It Up" which is a fun pop song. "Gravity" is another great track that has a great RnB vibe. "My Love" is another track that is brilliant, it's very current and very radio friendly.



Pixie Lott has an amazing voice and style, she is cool, modern, and fresh. She is only 18 years old, and writes her own material. Pixie Lott is one of my current favorites and she is going to be around for a while, check her out and start enjoying Pixie Lott.


"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: