I absolutely LOVE Alexandra Burke. She is phenomenal. She is going to be as big as Leona Lewis. She is not only a brilliant singer, she is genuine and real. She is also humble and hardworking. Remember her name: Alexandra Burke. She is already storming the charts in the UK and will be dominating the US in a year or so. Her debut album, Overcome, will be released in the UK on the 19th of October. Remember: Alexandra Burke.
She was the last year's X-Factor winner, and as you will see in the clips below, she is AMAZING. Here is her audition story and video:
Alexandra Burke - 2008 X-Factor Audition
During the 2008 X-Factor Season, Alexandra made it known that Beyonce was her role model and someone she looked up to. Well, during the show's Finale, Alexandra had her dream come true: A duet with Ms. Beyonce. Two things I love about this clip, the first being the look of sheer joy and terror on Alexandra's face as she gazes at Beyonce, and the composure and vocals she maintains while crying and shaking. Now, THAT is a professional.
Alexandra Burke and Beyonce - "Listen"
And here is the crowning moment:
Oh my! I've seen this clip many many times. I remember how excited and nervous I was watching it the day of, and how I was hoping for Alexandra to win over JLS and Eoghan. And that clip is just as exciting and powerful every time. There is so much genuine emotion and sheer happiness. Amazing!
And here is the music video for "Hallelujah":
So, now that you've been introduced to Alexandra Burke, what do you think? Share your thoughts.
(I will be posting her brand spanking new single and video, "Bad Boys" very soon)
