Sep 29, 2009
Florence and the Machine - "Dark Days Are Over" and "Hardest of Hearts"
Florence and The Machine is a great band from the UK. It is difficult to describe their music - there are elements of rock, pop, folk, and dance throughout the album. It's a mixture of everything, and it works. Their album, Lungs, was released in the UK in July, and spent 5 weeks at #2, behind Michael Jackson. The album is going to be released in the US on the 27th of October, and I highly recommend it.
There are two tracks that stand out for me. The first is the super catchy "Dog Days Are Over". It's very catchy and has a great dance beat. It's very radio friendly and will be stuck in your head upon first listen. I think this would be a great single to release in the States. Take a listen.
Here is an acoustic version:
Another track that is great is called "Hardest of Hearts" and is only on the UK Deluxe Edition. It's really eerie and I love the beginning. I like that it starts of almost acoustic, and the beat kicks in, and it turns into a great rock ballad, with some elements of dance/trance music. It is insane how there are so many genres in it. It's brilliant, and is my favorite track by Florence and the Machine. I wish it were on the regular version of the album, as it should be heard by the fans.
What do you think of Florence and the Machine? Which track do you prefer, "Dog Days Are Over" or "Hardest Of Hearts"

