Sep 25, 2009

Paramore Meets Kings Of Leon's "Use Somebody"

I must say that I am not a huge fan of Paramore. Although I like two of their radio friendly singles, I wouldn't consider myself a fan. But I have to give credit where it is due, and Hayley sounds amazing on this cover track.

"Only By The Night" by Kings of Leon, on the other hand, is a brilliant record. The band has had a string of hits in Europe, but this was the album that put the band on the map in the US. They are finally getting their dues and respect, and rightfully so. The album is filled with great songs, including the new single, Use Somebody.

Paramore did a cover of it for Radio 1s Live Lounge, and I must say that I am actually really impressed by the vocals and actually like this tune. It isn't as good as Kings of Leon, but it's good.

What do you think?

"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: