Sep 26, 2009

Laura White - You Should Have Known




Laura White was one of the front runners in last year's X-Factor competition. She did a killer version of "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys on the first live show. During the fifth week of the show, controversy struck when she was eliminated.

I am not surprised that she has a record deal and is now releasing her first single and video. While I think she has amazing vocal talent, the lead single doesn't do her justice. She has a great soulful and raspy voice, yet her single is pop/rnb. I'd like to see her play to her strengths as opposed to appealing to the masses. The song is great, and catchy, but from Laura White, I expect and want more. Hopefully she can release a current jazz/soul record, replacing the gap left by Amy Winehouse.

What do you think?

"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: