Nov 8, 2009

Alicia Keys - Yahoo! Music Set & Interview



Alicia Keys is promoting her new singles, "Doesn't Mean Anything" and "Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart" from her fourth studio album, "Elements of Freedom" which is due on December 15th. Alicia recently played a six song set for Yahoo! Music as well as an interview.

Since I am a huge fan, it was great to see Alicia perform some of her past hits including, "If I Ain't Got You", "You Don't Know My Name", "No One" and "Fallin'". As I've stated, I don't think her new singles measure up to her potential, although they are still good songs. I really enjoyed the interview - it reaffirmed all the reasons why I love Alicia. I always find comfort in her music and am really anxious to hear the new album as I can relate to some of the themes she explores and will find comfort and strength. The themes she is going to explore include: balance, growth, changing and testing yourself to get to a new place. I'm really stoked and December 15th can't come soon enough. But for now, enjoy the interview and the songs.

Interview:


"Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart":



"Doesn't Mean Anything":


"Empire State of Mind" and "You Don't Know My Name":


"No One":


"If I Ain't Got You":


"Fallin'":

"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: