Nov 8, 2009

Leona Lewis Meets Oasis' "Stop Crying Your Heart Out"



Leona Lewis' sophomore album, Echo, won't be released until November 17th, but it has already leaked on the Internet. And I've had a listen to most of the songs, and am very impressed. I was really impressed by her rendition of "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" which is a classic Oasis ballad.


I am a big fan of Oasis, and the song. I'm also a huge fan of Leona, but will admit to being a bit unsure of this choice for a cover. But it is amazing. The cover is epic in the same way as her cover of "Run" by Snow Patrol. Leona can take a great song and make it beautiful and amazing. The original is beautiful, but Leona's vocals make it a beautiful heartfelt track, and I really like it. I've actually been listening to it non stop for a few days now and it is still magical and haunting.



And the original by Oasis:

"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: