There are a few bands that have affected my life, and The Corrs are one of those bands. To say that I am a fan in an understatement. I absolutely adore everything they do and everything they are. They are an amazing and talented family, they play their own instruments, they write and arrange their own songs and lyrics, the often produce their own tracks. They are also involved in many charities and have done great work promoting many causes. I absolutely adore them, and can say that seeing them live and meeting them was a dream come true and one of the BEST days of my life.
The band is taking a much needed break, and Sharon Corr is using that time to record a solo record. It doesn't have a release date, but so far what I've heard is simply amazing. Sharon is one of the principle song writer and lyracist for the band and is creating amazing material for her solo album. Sharon is the romantic in the group and that comes across in her music and her violon playing.
A few months ago Sharon played a few songs at RTE Hot Press Music Show - and here are some clips:
"Ears Painted On":
"Radio": (a Corrs' classic)
"It's Not A Dream" (Not a great version - sorry!):
"Jenny's Chickens":
Rehearsals for the show:
And after the show:
And yes, I LOVE The Corrs.

