Nov 5, 2009

Jason Mraz - Plane (Live)



Jason Mraz is another one of my favorite artists. I was intrigued when I heard his first single, "The Remedy" in 2003, and bought his album "Waiting For My Rocket To Come". After my first listen, I knew I was going to be a fan. He has amazing depth as a musician, singer, and songwriter. His music is so diverse that I can't assign a genre, His songs and lyrics range from quirky and dirty, to introspective and insightful. He even does some operatic runs in one of his songs. He has released 3 studio albums, 3 live albums, and 12 EPs, and has countless commercially unreleased tracks, b-sides, covers, and live tracks. The man is a musical genius and super cool. I'm a big fan of his blog and check it out regularly - his blogs are like his music; random, witty, and insightful. 

As I stated, I am a huge fan of Jason Mraz - the singer/songwriter and the man. One of my favorite songs is from his second studio album, Mr. A-Z, and is called "Plane". It's a passionate dark-romantic song and one of my absolute favorites. It gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it and the first time I heard him sing it live. It's a special song, and hope you enjoy all the studio and live versions.

Studio Version:


Live Versions:










"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: