Nov 19, 2009

Leona Lewis - Echo


November is a huge month for music, especially in the UK. It is when all the major artists release their new albums, and one of the most anticipated albums this year was Echo, Leona Lewis' sophomore album. It was released in the UK on Monday and in the US on Tuesdays. There are several differences between the UK and US version, and I prefer the UK version as it has the amazing "Stop Crying Your Heart Out".

After a few listens, I like the album. I'm not sure if it is as good as her first album, but it is a great album. The lead single "Happy" is one of the best pop songs of the year, although it failed to reach the number 1 spot in the UK charts which was a disappointment. "I Got You" is another track on the album that has potential as a single - it's very well crafted and a good love song. "Brave" is another track I like, the chorus is great and epic. Leona's singing really shines on this track. "Naked" is a great song - it starts slow and builds. This song also has great potential as a single. The lyrics and message of the song are great. Aside from "Happy" and "Stop Crying Your Heart Out", my favorite track is a duet with OneRepublic called "Lost Then Found". Leona and Ryan Tedder sound amazing together. The song is another epic ballad, and is just beautiful. I can picture each artists singing the song alone and it being good, but as a duet, it is amazing and believable. It should be the next single.

Leona Lewis and OneRepublic - "Lost Then Found":



Leona Lewis has been busy promoting the single "Happy" and performed it on this week's episode of Dancing With The Stars:



Echo is now in stores, be sure to pick up a copy.


"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: