Oct 14, 2009

Cheryl Cole - 3 Words



Cheryl Cole is on fire. Her band, Girls Aloud, is on hiatus after a huge album and tour, but Cheryl is having an amazing breakout career. She is currently in her second season as a judge on X-Factor, and won the competition mentoring Alexandra Burke last year. She is about to release her first solo record, 3 Words, on the 26th of October.

The lead single, "Fight For This Love" will be a massive hit. It is one of my favorite tracks. A new track was played on the radio, and it will probably be the second single. The song shares its name with the albums, "3 Words" and features Will.I.Am. from the Black Eyed Peas. Cheryl was featured on Will.I.Am's single, "Heartbreaker" in 2008. "Heartbreaker" will also appear on Cheryl's album, along with two additional songs written and produced by Will.I.Am.

Here is the new track, "3 Words"



My Thoughts: I really like the track. I really like the vibe - the beat is fast and has elements of trance, but the song singing is slow, like a ballad. I really like the dichotomy and think it works well. I love the chorus and the harmonizing between Cheryl and Will.I.Am. I also love the elongation and pronunciation of the words. It's not the strongest song lyrically, but with Cheryl singing, I couldn't care less. I wouldn't mind it if she sang the dictionary. My only complaint is the spelling bit - I like it when Fergie spells things, as it has become something she does, but I don't think that Will.I.Am should include spelling in every song he writes or produces for female vocalists. But I guess he is educating the kids, so I can tolerate it. And again, it's Cheryl spelling! This version of the song is a rip from the radio, as evident by the introduction. I LOVE Cheryl's accent - it is so cute and sexy! Two more weeks until the album is released.


What do you think of the song?

And here is the music video for "Fight For This Love"


BONUS:
Here is the music video for "Heartbreaker" and a live performance on The Graham Norton Show:


"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: