Oct 17, 2009

Darin - Viva La Vida



Darin is one of the biggest pop stars in Sweden. He was the runner up in 2004's Idol contest, but has released 4 successful studio albums since.

I don't know much about him, but was impressed by his take on "Viva La Vida" originally by Coldplay. Darin adds a pop element to the song and I like it. The original version by Coldplay is very unique and I would never imagine someone trying to add their own stamp on it, but Darin did, and I enjoy it. It's very bare and stripped. He sounds like Enrique Iglesias, but again, it works. I like the tempo of the song. Take a listen:



What do you think of Darin's version?

And here is Darin's version of "Homeless", which was also on Leona Lewis' debut album, Spirit.

"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: