On Saturday October 10, after a speech by Obama, Lady Gaga took the stage at the Human Rights Campaign Dinner to deliver an interesting and inspiring rendition of John Lennon's classic, "Imagine". Lady Gaga also attended the National Equality March on Sunday.
"I am here tonight to represent those young people who are taking a stand, who are going tomorrow to march with all of us. You are inspiring a tremendous number of young people, and I know that tomorrow is going to be just as memorable as tonight was. And I promise to continue and to love and be loyal, to stand up for and to continue to challenge the world, for all of you. I'm not going to play one of my songs tonight because tonight is not about me, tonight is about you." - Lady Gaga
Here were the two lyrical changes:
- "No hell below us, And only Matthew in the sky" - a reference to Matthew Shepard
- She added a verse: "People of the nation, are you listening? It isn't equal if it's sometimes. I want a real democracy."
What do you think about the performance? The changes in lyrics and the additional verse? There has been a lot of controversy and opinions - speak your thoughts, and I'll share mine.
And if you are interested, here is President Obama's speech at Human Right Campaign Dinner

