Oct 17, 2009

Lady Gaga - "Alejandro"



I have mixed feelings about Lady Gaga. On one hand, I find her music very annoying and overplayed. On the other hand, I really think she is talented, as she writes, composes, plays and can actually sing. But she is out there, which I like, but sometimes it's a bit too far out there. I'm undecided on whether or not I like her, but I will admit that her song "Paparazzi" is constantly stuck in my head - it's a great pop song, but I don't know if I like it playing in my head.

One thing is for certain, Lady Gaga knows how to produce hits. Her album, The Fame, was released over a year ago and is still going strong. The album had four massive hits; "Just Dance", "Poker Face", "Love Game" and "Paparazzi". Lady Gaga is re-releasing the album with 8 new tracks, the new album is called "The Fame Monster" and will be released on the 23rd of November.

The lead single for the album is called "Bad Romance" and it sounds like another club hit. It sounds like what you would expect from Lady Gaga. It's a bit too repetitive and sounds like her other songs, I'm not really digging it.


Another track from the album just leaked. It is called "Alejandro" and I like it. It's different, it is Lady Gaga, with a Spanish vibe. I really like the track and reckon it's a great pop track. I like that it is mid-tempo - not a ballad, but not quite a dance track. For some reason, the chorus reminds me of ABBA, it might be the way she says the names. I'm not sure where the ABBA vibe comes from, but when I first heard it, ABBA popped into my head. I really like it and think it may have been a better lead single.



What do you all think of "Bad Romance" and "Alejandro"
"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: