I remember the first time I heard Sting. I was in the 3rd or 4th grade, on a school field trip to see an educational movie about the ocean. The song playing while the credits rolled was a song that mesmerized me. I knew instantly that it was a special song, but I did not know anything about it. I knew it repeated the word "Fragile" a lot. I waited until I saw a song on the credits called "Fragile" by Sting. I went home and was obsessing over it until my parents took me to Blockbuster Plus, and I bought the album "Nothing Like The Sun". I had "Fragile" on repeat for weeks, and it is still one of my favorite songs of all time. The tone, instruments and arrangement, Sting's vocals, and the lyrics are beautiful. It is an amazing song and to me, a timeless classic.
If blood will flow when fresh and steel are oneDrying in the colour of the evening sun
Tomorrows rain will wash the stains away
But something in our minds will always stay
Perhaps this final act was meant
To clinch a lifetimes argument
That nothing comes from violence and nothing ever could
For all those born beneath an angry star
Lest we forget how fragile we are
On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are
On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are
How fragile we are how fragile we are
On September 11, 2001, Sting and his band were set to perform a concert in Italy that was being recorded for a CD/DVD as well as a live stream on the internet. After weeks of rehearsals, the events of the day changed the tone of the show. It gives new meaning to the song and lyrics. Check out the emotional video below:
And another version, acoustic this time:

