Oct 6, 2009

Girls Can't Catch - Echo



"Echo" is the second single from Girls Can't Catch. Their debut album will be released sometime in early 2010 and doesn't have a title, but the girls have been promoting their two singles. Their first single, "Keep Your Head Up" is a great track and has a great beat and tempo that changes, which makes the song super catchy and clever. I really love their cover of Daniel Merriweather's hit "Red". In that acoustic performance, the girls show that they can sing and perform an emotional ballad.




I've taken a few listens to "Echo" and it is starting to grow on me. It's not an instant hit, like I think "Keep Your Head Up" was. The song starts off a bit slow, but it does  pick up. Girls Can't Catch takes pop songs and adds their own spin to it - I can't really describe it. "Echo" sounds like many pop songs, but yet, it sounds different. I really like the chorus, and the effects of the echos - ha! It's a good mid-tempo ballad, and I do like it, but it's missing something. While I like it and it's growing on it, I'm not over the moon about it. I will add it to my playlist, but it won't be on repeat. I'm curious and want to hear more from Girls Can't Catch.

"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: