Oct 10, 2009

The Noisettes Meet The Killers "When We Were Young"



Lately I've been feeling The Noisettes and their music. Their sophomore album has been on repeat and I've caught myself singing "Never Forget You" a few times throughout the day.

I am very impressed by their rendition of "When We Were Young" on Radio1 Live Lounge. Check it out:


I love the tempo and how they've slowed the song down. They turned it into a beautiful ballad. And Shingai's voice is spectacular. It has so much soul and is super sexy. I like the backing vocals on the track, it's a great addition. The strings are also beautiful - I never thought I'd hear violins in a Killer's song and enjoy it. The bridge is also very clever. The whole rendition is clever; they managed to take a great song, change it up, and make it sound just as good, if not better. I'm a fan of the song and The Noisettes.

Which version do you prefer: The Killers or The Noisettes?

Bonus: Here is "Don't Upset the Rhythm" on Radio1 Live Lounge:



"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: