Oct 6, 2009

JLS - Beat Again



JLS were the runner's up in last years X-Factor, losing out to Alexandra Burke. But don't feel too bad for them, as Aston, Marvin, JB, and Oritse already have two number one singles, "Hero" and "Beat Again" and are looking to add a third when they release the single, "Everybody in Love"on the 2nd of November. They also just won 2 MOBO Awards, one for Best UK Newcomber and Best Song for "Beat Again". They will be releasing their album, JLS, on the 9th of November in the UK. Not too bad, eh?




"Beat Again" is about as infectious as RnB can get. It's got the great beat, good vocals and so interesting dance moves. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the video, it's too chessy and cliche, but the song is really good. I can't get it out of my head and had it on repeat for days when I first heard it. The beat is sick.

They may be singnig "Everybody In Love" in their new song, but I'm not in love with the song. It's sounds like every other RnB slow jam, and it's nothing special. The guys can sing and swoon, but it's a bit too much and sounds a lot like something Usher would do, and I'm not a fan. Check out the video, or audio only below:


"Everybody In Love"


Overall, I'm on the fence about JLS, and that was how I felt about them on X-Factor. There were weeks where they killed the song, vocals and dance routines, but there were also days that didn't do it for me. "Beat Again" is one of my favorite tracks at the moment, but I could pass on "Everybody In Love". I guess I will have to wait until the album comes out before I decide.

What do you all think of "Beat Again" and "Everybody In Love"?
"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: