Oct 31, 2009

X-Factor 2009 - Top 9


X-Factor 2009 - Top 9
Rock Night

Joe McElderry - "Don't Stop Believing" originally by Journey

I thought Joe was pretty good. He sang really well and performed well, but was missing that extra spark, he looked like a popstar and not a rocker. But then again, he would be a great pop star and not such a great rocker.


Lucie Jones - "Sweet Child o' Mine" originally by Guns N' Roses

Lucie had some negative comments last week, but this was a whole new Lucie. She looked a bit uncomfortable at the start, but came through with the vocals and the performance. I prefer her singing ballads and pop, but she did well with the rock.


Danyl Johnson - "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" originally by Aerosmith

I don't know what it is with Danyl, but he hasn't been on top of his game for two weeks now. He forgot and flubbed the lyrics to this well known song, but the judges didn't mention it. It was a bit over the top near the end, but he did hit all the big notes. He needs his mojo back.


Lloyd Daniels - "I Kissed A Girl" originally by Katy Perry

Lloyd has also lost his mojo. It was an odd song choice and didn't fit with the genre. It was also odd for a guy to sing that. The production was great and parts of it were great, but his vocals need some improving and need to be stronger, they got lost with the background singers.


Stacey Solomon - "Somewhere Only We Know" originally by Keane

Stacey is amazing. She delivers week after week. I really liked the song choice and performance. I was worried about her doing rock week, but she managed to turn the pop song into a nice power ballad. I was surprised and really enjoyed it. Well done!



Jamie Archer - "Rocks" originally by Primal Scream

Expectations were high for Jamie, and for me, he fell short. I was expecting more, but as the judges said, there was something missing. His performance was very karaoke, and it did remind me of Lenny Kravitz, but  not as great.


Rachel Adedeji - "One" originally by U2

Rachel was AMAZING. I think that was the best performance from her I've seen. She took on a classic song, and managed to make it her own (with some help from Mary J Blige). I love that she started slow and soft, getting the emotion in, and then turned on the rock and really kicked the performance into high gear. She nailed it.


John and Edward - "We Will Rock You" originally by Queen

John and Edward. Hopefully this is the last time I will have to watch them. The vocals were insane, they flubbed lyrics and got lost in the song. Horrible. It was a great production, but that's not what the show is about and I hope they leave.


Olly Murs - "Come Together" originally by The Beatles

Olly is another contestant who delivers week after week. The performance was amazing. He made the song modern and added his own style which makes it slick and hip. I'm not sure about the ending with ripping of the shirt or hair, but everything else was amazing, cool, and slick.



Who do you think will be in the Bottom 2 tomorrow?

"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: