Girls Aloud are one of my favorite pop bands right now. And I know I'm not the only one who is a fan, as they have had 20 consecutive singles in the top 10 in the UK, including 4 that were #1. They have also released 5 studio albums, two of which reached the number 1 spot. If you are a fan of pop music and haven't heard their music, I highly recommend you checking them out.
"Call The Shots" was the second single released from the girls fourth studio album, 2007's Tangled Up. The song and video are one of my favorites. (Actually, the whole album is really good.)
"Call The Shots" is a great dance/pop song. In fact, it is just a great song. The girls are great singers and they work with great writers and producers. I like that the song is super sexy and slick. I can't help but sing-along and dance every time. The chorus is great and catchy, and the bridge is top notch. It's one of the catchiest and coolest bridges. I love everything about this song. And the video - the girls look AMAZING!
Getting a little personal: Recently, while listening to the song, a line from the song caught my attention, and the song took on a new meaning.
"Out of the Fire that burns inside me, a Phoenix is Rising"
In the past few months I've made many changes in my life to be healthier and balanced, and it's been a challenge. I've made many sacrifices and it has been a struggle, but "Call the Shots" and the line above have been a mantra and have helped me stay on track, determined and positive. I also use the song to push and energize me while out for a run - and it really works. I recommend this track for working out. Plus thinking of the Girls is always a good motivator!
On their "Out of Control Tour" (which is being released on DVD today in the UK) Girls Aloud did a great version of "Call The Shots" while on huge swing that went out into the audience. Check out the video:

