Oct 9, 2009

The Saturdays - Forever is Over


The Saturdays are an all female pop act from the UK. The five members are Una Healy, Mollie King, Vanessa White, Rochelle Wiseman and Frankie Sandford. Their debut album, "Chasing Lights" was released in the UK on the 27th of October 2008 and peaked at #9 on the charts. The album produced four top 10 singles, "If This Is Love", "Up", "Issues", "Just Can't Get Enough" as well as "Work" which peaked at #22.




The Saturdays are getting ready to release their sophomore album, "Wordshaker" on the 12th of October. The lead single is called "Forever Is Over" and here is the music video:



I remember hearing "If This Is Love", their debut single last year and thinking it was great and catchy, but that it would be a one-hit wonder and The Saturdays would be over. But then I heard "Up" and "Issues" and realized that the girls have great songs. I decided to listen to their album, "Chasing Lights" without high expectations and was blown away. All the tracks have great vocals and production. It is a solid pop album. It has the upbeat dance tracks and the slower ballads. It is a brilliant album, from the first track to the last track. I have also heard a few of their live tracks, and it seems like the girls can hold their own. They aren't extraordinary singers, but they can sing, and that is good enough for me. (There are so many great songs/albums being released so I wont go on and on about The Saturdays and "Chasing Lights" at the moment, but if you are a fan of pop music, I highly recommend you checking them out.)



Their new single, "Forever Is Over" has all the qualities of a great pop/dance track and lead single. It is super catchy, and a great dance track. Like most of their tracks, the song instantly gets stuck in your head and refuses to get out. I really like it and think the track will be a massive hit. I'm curious and want to hear what their sophomore album sounds like; I really hope it is as catchy, poppy and brilliant as their debut album.

What do you all think of The Saturdays? What are your thoughts on the single and video?
"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: