Oct 3, 2009

Milow Meets 50 Cent and Justin Timberlake's "Ayo Technology"




Milow. I've never heard of Milow, but just stumbled on his cover of "Ayo Technology" (originally done by 50 Cent and Justin Timberlake) and was very very impressed. It is an interesting take on the song. Take a listen -

Here is the music video:


And a live version:


I am a big fan of covers that take a very popular song and completely rework the sound and arrangement to transform it into a brand new tune. And Milow's cover is very different and completely changes genres and still makes this song sound great. He takes a hip-hop/rnb song and adds a Belgium country twang. It sounds crazy and shouldn't work, but it does and it is brilliant! Milow is from Belgium and there is a hint of an accent in the singing which I think adds more character. And the live version is really good too, he manages to pull it off. I'm quite impressed.

What do you all think?

(Be sure to check out Bridget Kelly's cover of "Use Somebody" - it's one of my favorite covers of the moment)
"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: