Oct 18, 2009

Snow Patrol - "Just Say Yes"



After 15 years together as a band, Snow Patrol are releasing a compilation album. "Up To Now" is scheduled for a November 9 release in the UK and November 10 in the US. The 2 CD album will have 30 tracks, including three new tracks, b-sides, live tracks, all their hits, and the infamous Beyonce "Crazy In Love" cover. There will also be a "Deluxe" edition with a bonus DVD for the ultimate fan.

The lead single and brand new song is called "Just Say Yes" and is an instant Snow Patrol hit. Snow Patrol are one of those band whose music all sounds very similar with their distinct sound and lyrics, but depite that, the songs are equally brilliant. And this is no exception. From the first few seconds, one can recognize it as a Snow Patrol song, but that doesn't stop you from listening to it and enjoying it. I like that this song is a bit more up tempo than most of their big hits. Lead singer Gary Lightbody has an incredible voice - it is very soothing and emotive. I like the single and would like to hear some of the b-sides and live tracks. I like this release as it is not a greatest hits, but a celebration of the 15 years. And the Beyonce cover - it is simply amazing. I remember when I first heard it a while back, and it is still as impressive many listens later.

"Just Say Yes":


And the infamous Beyonce cover, "Crazy In Love":



What do you think of "Just Say Yes"? And "Crazy In Love"?
"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: