Oct 26, 2009

X-Factor 2009 - Top 11


X-Factor 2009 - Top 11


Missed the Top 12? Don't remember what happened? Fear not, it's all here for you: X-Factor 2009 - Top 12


(Again, this is a recap from last weekend's episode. I will have this weekend's recap later today) 

Lucie Jones sang "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston. She opened the show and seemed a bit nervous. Her vocals were good, but her dancing was a bit rigid, she didn't look very comfortable. But she didn't do a ballad as one would expect from her for Divas week. I still hope she wins.

Olly Murs sang "A Fool in Love" by Tina Turner. It was an odd song choice, but he is very cool and suave, and pulled it off. His singing was great and he put on a great performance. He is really comfortable on stage and is a great showman.

Miss Frank sang "All The Man That I Need" by Whitney Houston. They had really great vocals and harmonies, but didn't quite gel as a group. They did put their own stamp on the song, but overall, it fell a bit short for me. They may need more time to progress.

Rachel Adedeji did an amazing version of "If I Were A Boy" by Beyonce. She added her own style to it and she can sing. She is really talented and I hope she stays in the competition for a while, but as Simon said, we need to see more of her personality and we need to get to know her.

Joe McElderry sang "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" by Whitney Houston, and I had mixed feelings about it. I liked his vocals and think he has amazing talent and control, but the song and arrangement didn't tickle my fancy, and the performance was boring for me.

Danyl Johnson likes to take risks, and this week he did a brand new Whitey Houston song called "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" and the song was too epic and dramatic for me. I want to see him tone it down, and sing a song without all the extra performance. I want to see him do some acoustic ballad.

Lloyd Daniels attempted "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis and it did not work. I didn't like the arrangement and his voice is not strong enough to hit those notes and it was a really bad song choice by Cheryl.

John and Edward. Why are they still in the competition?! They did an aweful attempt at "Oops!... I Did It Again" by Britney Spears. It was horrible. Bad dancing, horrible singing, odd costumes and choreography. They need to be voted off soon.

Rikki Loney did "Respect" and it was not worthy of it. It sounded like karaoke and he didn't have command of the song. He did hit the big note and did it well, but the rest of the performance was lacking.

Jamie Archer sang "Hurt" by Christina Aguilera and did it well. We are used to seeing him do rock songs, but he toned it down for this one. He had great vocals, and his performance was great - he was able to convey emotions. He is a natural and very comfortable on the stage.

Stacey Solomon closed the show with "At Last" by Etta James. She looked a bit uncomfortable and admitted that she wasn't familiar with the song. But she sang it beautifully. She has a talent and amazing voice and will have a great recording career, with or without winning the competition.

And that is my take on last week's episode. Hit the Read More button below to see all the performances. You'll also see the bottom 2 acts and find out who got eliminated. But don't stop there, share your comments.




X-Factor 2009 - Top 11 Performances:

Lucie Jones - "How Will I Know" originally by Whitney Houston


Olly Murs - "A Fool In Love" originally by Tina Turner


Miss Frank - "All The Man That I Need" originally by Whitney Houston


Rachel Adedeji - "If I Were A Boy" originally by Beyonce


Joe McElderry - "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" originally by Whitney Houston


Danyl Johnson - "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" originally by Whitney Houston


Lloyd Daniels - "Bleeding Love" originally by Leona Lewis


John and Edward - "Oops!... I Did It Again" originally by Britney Spears


Rikki Loney - "Respect" as performed by Aretha Franklin


Jamie Archer - "Hurt" originally by Christina Aguilera


Stacey Solomon - "At Last" originally by Etta James


Bottom 2 Sing-Off

Rachel Adedeji - "With Or Without You" originally by U2 


Rikki Loney - "Flying Without Wings" originally by Westlife






The Result:





Thanks for reading and watching the video. 
Please share your thoughts and comments.
"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: