Oct 9, 2009

Glee - Sneak Peak



Glee is, hands down, one of my favorite shows. It's as camp as it is witty. The writing is brilliant. The concept is original and fresh. And the actors/singers are talented.

Next week's episode will feature three new renditions of songs including:
  • "No Air" by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown, performed by Lea Michele (Rachel Berry) and Cory Montheith (Finn Hudson) [sneak peak]
  • "Hate on Me" by Jill Scott, performed by Amber  Riley (Mercedes Jones)
  • "Keep Holding On" by Avril Lavigne, performed by Lea Michele (Rachel Berry) and Cory Montheith (Finn Hudson)
You don't have to wait until Wednesday, here is a sneak peak at "Keep Holding On"



And from that clip, this week's episode looks like it is going to be massive. I'm not a big fan of the original by Avril, but Lea Michele's singing is amazing. She carries the song and performance (and show). Seriously, she is amazing. I like that the song and scene are dramatic, but simple. I love the staging and costumes. I'm curious to see how the song moves the plot; I guess we will find out next Wednesday.
"When You Have Music, You Have Friends"

Miro's Musings: