Oct 18, 2009
Leighton Messter ft. Robin Thicke - "Somebody To Love"
I will say that I don't watch Gossip Girl and don't know much about Leighton Meester. I know she is an actress on the show, she is very pretty, and that she is someone that is in the tabloids. I also know that she is featured on the Cobra Starship song, "Good Girls Go Bad", but am not too familiar with the song.
And like any good blogger, I've been doing some research. She is indeed very pretty. Apparently, she is also a singer/songwriter, and is working on her debut album with some top notch writers and producers. I listened to "Good Girls Go Bad" and while I don't think the song is amazing, Leighton does sound good on it. She actually makes the song less obnoxious and slightly enjoyable. She definitely enhances the video as well.
I came across a song called "Somebody To Love" which featured Robin Thicke. I am a fan of Robin Thicke, so I checked it out, and really enjoyed it. I really liked the girl on the track, and that's how I learned a little more about Leighton Meester. The track is a great dance/pop song, great beat and great production. The lyrics are not special or clever, but with the slick production, who is really paying attention to the lyrics? I like the chorus and the two voices together. It reminds me of "4 Minutes" by Madonna and Justin Timberlake. I have to say that I am a fan of the song and it has been added to my iTunes playlist.
Take a listen:
BONUS: Cobra Starship ft. Leighton Meester - "Good Girls Go Bad"
What do you think of the song, "Somebody To Love"? What about Leighton Meester's singing?

